Friday 13 February 2009

Marmalade mark two


A couple of weeks ago I made my annual batch of Seville orange and Cognac marmalade (or attempted to!)... disaster struck ... I boiled it for too long and the end results were more marmalade toffee than marmalade, much to the amusement of my eldest Son!!

I thought I had blown it for this year as I couldn't find any more Seville oranges, then last Saturday Rob was in Lymington (a nearby Market Town) when he spotted some Sevilles on one of the market stalls so he bought a kilo bless him. Sunday was spent making the second batch and joy of joy it turned out perfectly, which is a good thing as my friend in Liverpool would be devastated if she didn't get her annual jar or two.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks scrummy! I love homemade marmalade but hardly ever make as I'm the only in my family that likes it.
Lovely labels too!