Monday 1 June 2009



Phew what a scorcher again! Another wonderful weekend with hot sunny weather, long may it continue. Last weekend Rachel (my young Granddaughter) was taking part in a Biathlon .... in that heat! Despite the heat she did very well, we are very proud of her, she even managed to beat her own personal best in the running part but I bet she was glad when that was over and she could go in the pool for the swimming part.

This Saturday we had friends over for dinner which was very nice, even better as we were able to sit in the garden to have a pre dinner drink, that would have been unheard of with last year's weather. Sunday Rob and I went into Town to buy some things for our holiday and to get a 21st birthday present for my nephew who's party we have been invited to the weekend after next. We got our holiday things but completely forgot about the present!!!

Crafting wise I have been busy making stitched cards and have tried my hand at bead embroidery. Here are two cards I have made, a bi-plane and some beaded flowers. I have also just finished a medallion which has over 500 beads! I'll show that to you later when I have taken a photograph.

My other exciting news is that Rachel and I had our names and one of our cards featured in the June edition of Card Making and Papercraft AND I have had my letter and two cards appear in Making Cards ..... how exciting is that!!

No comments: