Tuesday 20 January 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge 14


This week's Cuttebug Challenge is called the Valentine Colour Challenge, you have to make a Valentine card with NO pink or red on it ... that sent the little grey cells churning and this is what I've come up with. I've gone for a very classic gold and cream colour scheme (no pink or red in sight). I've stamped the large border from the new Harlequin Rose stamp set by Elusive Images in gold on the left hand side, the large panel is the cuttlebug scrolls embossing folder which I brayered in gold then matted onto mirri gold card. The hearts are also elusive images designs which I embossed using gold embossing powder, they are fixed to the gold mirri card square using sticky fixers, I then finished the card off with sheer ribbon which has a slight gold sheen to it

4 comments:

AliMayes said...

That is a delicious card. I'm beginning to think that I just must have that 'Harlequin Rose' set of stamps !
Ali xx

AB. said...

What a beautiful card!! My favourite of this challenge! The overall stamping & inking effect is stunning!!!
Peace & love
Alison xx

craftymumof3 said...

What a fab card. I love visiting you blog to look at your cards.

If you pop over to my blog there is an award for you to collect

tracie said...

Oh wow Jan this is absolutely fabulous - love the embossing and gorgeous stamps - love it, very elegant.
hugs
Tracie :)x