Friday 8 January 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Happy New Year everyone (if anyone is still around that is!). I'm back! I can't believe it is 6 months since I last posted.

It has been a bit of a roller coaster time. Unfortunately my lovely Mother in law died whilst we were away on holiday, that wasn't too much of a shock but what was a dreadful shock was finding out that my brother in law had gone ahead with the funeral a few days before we returned home! My lovely husband and two sons were devastated as none of us had the chance to say our goodbyes. That's one of the reasons I haven't been on here, it sort of takes the wind out of your sails.

What else has happened? One of my Sisters in law was rushed into hospital with a heart attack (she's is OK though thank goodness). My lovely little Granddaughter fell down stairs and hurt her foot but she went on to take part in a swimming competition only to find out the next day that she had broken her little toe and fractured 3 bones on the top of her foot!! I gashed my little finger on some glass and had to go to minor injuries to have it clipped and dressed, can't think what else but I think that's enough don't you?

I was quite pleased to see the back of 2009 and was looking forward to a fresh start in 2010 but what happened? ..... I went down with a tummy bug on New Year's Eve!! Still, things can only get better can't they?!

I hope you are all managing to keep warm in this dreadful weather. We hardly every get snow down here in this part of Hampshire but guess what? ..... Yep ..... we have loads of it! It is treacherous to even step foot outside the door, we live on a hill so both exits mean negotiating quite a steep hill, needless to say it never gets gritted so although most main roads are fairly clear we can't get out of our little estate without risking life and limb. Still what better excuse to stay in and do some crafting! The photo is a view of a corner of our garden taken from the bedroom window (well you don't expect me to go outside do you?!)

I promise to try to post again very soon with some photos of cards I am making.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan Glad to see you back sorry about all your bad news, but things can only get better, looking forward to seeing you back on. Christine x